Christie’s Larry Paul gives us a quick look at their new HoloStation at Siggraph 2012. The Christie HoloStation is a compact, personal visualization solution. It’s composed of projection displays, screens, tracking and interactive technology. This compact workstation displays up to 15 megapixels of data in a 3D stereoscopic and interactive tracked environment.
The Christie HoloStation packs the high-performance visual fidelity of a full-size CAVE™ in a footprint that can be deployed in many sectors and for many uses such as:
- 3D simulation and training environments
- Product design reviews
- Architectural and industrial design
- Maintenance and service training
- Medical training
- Museums and education
- Oil and gas exploration
- Scientific research
- Topographical analysis.
Features and benefits of the Christie HoloStation
- high-performance 3D active stereo visualization
- powerful, ultra-high resolution displa
- based on 3-chip DLP® technology
- dual-image processing and full Dual Link DVI-D bandwidth
- low maintenance costs
- displays up to 15 megapixels of data
- bundled with perspective head tracking and interactive tools, so the content reflects the user’s viewpoint
- no facility modifications required
- completely self-contained – just add power
- a 7’x11’2” footprint
- quiet operation and minimal heat generation
- low maintenance and low cost of ownership.