National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” and V.M. Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of NAS of Ukraine are pleased to announce the 2nd International Conference on High Performance Computing (HPC-UA 2012) being held in Kyiv, Ukraine, from Monday, October 8 to Wednesday, October 10, 2012. This year’s event will build upon the success of the last year’s HPC-UA 2011 and High Performance Computing workshop that was held in Kyiv in 2010.
Our online registration system is now open! Please click here to register for the conference. As previous events, this year’s joint conference is being held at the National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” where the conference session rooms and certain accommodation facilities will be reserved.
The conference is supported by
- National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Ministry of Education, Science, Youth and Sports of Ukraine
The goal of the conference is to enlighten high quality and state-of-the-art research on high performance computing systems and simulations. The conference will provide a platform for communication between HPC researchers and those who apply HPC to their research in various fields. The conference will facilitate sharing of novel ideas and experience exchange between scientists engineers and students form different countries. Therefore the conference has three official languages – English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Submission of Abstracts, Full papers and Poster presentations can be done here.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following
- Assembling, tuning, testing and administering of supercomputer systems.
- Programming of HPC systems, scalability of parallel algorithms and programs, heterogeneous programming with GP-GPU, FPGA, and other accelerators.
- HPC in GRIDs, Clouds, and distributed computing systems.
- Application of HPC in science and industry.
- Information safety and security.
- September 20th (extended), 2012, deadline for submission of Abstracts, Full papers and Poster presentations for peer review.
- August 20th (extended), 2012, Notification of authors about the Program Committee decision.
- October 1st (extended), 2012, Conference fee acceptance deadline.
Hans Meuer, Professor of Computer Science at University of Mannheim, Germany
General manager of Prometeus GmbH and general chairman of the International Supercomputing Conference.
Invited talk: “20 Years TOP500 – An Insider Report
Martin Meuer, Executive Director, Prometeus GmbH, Germany
Invited talk: “Looking back to ISC’12 in Hamburg, Germany and facing ISC’13 in Leipzig, Germany.”
Sergey Edward Lyshevski, Professor of Electrical Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
Invited talk: “Quantum Computing and Quantum Processing: Typifying Processing in Living Organisms and Devising Super-High-Performance Engineered Processing Platforms.”
Volodymyr Kindratenko, D.Sc., Senior Research Scientist at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Invited talk:”HPC with Intel MIC architecture.”
Sergei Gorlatch, Professor at the University of Muenster, Germany
Invited talk:”Entering the Many-Cores Era: Towards a Uniform Programming Model for Heterogeneous HPC Systems.”
Eugene Martinov, D.Sc., Head of grid technologies lab at Bogoliubov Institute for Theoretical Physics, Kyiv, Ukraine
Peter Berczik, D.Sc., Deputy Director of Main Astronomical Observatory of Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences, Head of Astro Space Informational Computing Department in MAO, Kiev, Ukraine.
Category: Training & Events