Intel just released new Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 Beta. This new beta SDK now supports Windows 8 and is compatible with the latest Intel HD Graphics driver for Windows 8. It also includes new tools such as a new kernel builder and GNU Debugger (GDB) support which ease the creation of OpenCL applications.
The Intel® SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 Beta release provides a comprehensive development environment for OpenCL applications on Intel® Architecture for Windows and Linux operating systems. This beta software release introduces a CPU only runtime package with OpenCL 1.2 features support. When installed on computers with 3rd Generation Intel® Core processors with Intel® HD Graphics on Windows OS, this non-conformant OpenCL 1.2 CPU device works in a platform mixed mode with the conformant OpenCL 1.1 device available with the Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500.
To learn more about this product’s documentation, see the Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications Documentation item in the Start menu program folder. For latest information and code samples, go to the Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications web site at: www.intel.com/software/opencl
- Support for Microsoft Windows 8* Release Preview Build 8400 operating system, 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Complaint with the Intel® HD Graphics WHQL Driver for Windows 8* OS (version 220.127.116.1192) on Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500. This SDK release will not work with previous graphics drivers.
- Support for OpenCL* 1.2 features on CPU device only. The SDK passed most of the Khronos* Conformance tests for OpenCL* 1.2. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance
- Platform Mixed version support on the 3rd Generation Intel® CoreT processor family with Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500 on Windows* operating systems.
- Platform version (
CL_PLATFORM_VERSION) – OpenCL* 1.2
- CPU device version (
CL_DEVICE_VERSION) – OpenCL* 1.2
- Intel HD Graphics device version (
CL_DEVICE_VERSION) – OpenCL* 1.1
- Platform version (
- General performance improvements for many OpenCL* kernels running on CPU.
- Preview Tool: Kernel Builderstandalone developer tool now includes the Intel SDK for OpenCL – Offline Compiler and support the following new features:
- Kernel analyzing view, which enables building OpenCL* kernels and getting kernel execution time across both CPU and the Intel HD Graphics.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extension 2 (Intel® AVX2) code generation. See more information on AVX2 at http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2011/06/13/haswell-new-instruction-descriptions-now-available/.
- Loading and compiling separate OpenCL* programs (see the OpenCL* 1.2 specification).
- Preview Feature: The SDK supports the kernel source code hotspots analysis with the Intel® VTuneT Amplifier XE 2011 update 3 or higher.
- The GNU Project Debugger (GDB) debugging support on Linux* operating systems.
- CPU only runtime package for Linux* operating systems
- New OpenCL* 1.2 extensions supported by the CPU device:
cl_khr_int64_base_atomics and cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics
- OpenCL* 1.1 extensions that were changed in OpenCL* 1.2:
- Device Fission supports both OpenCL* 1.1 EXT API’s and also OpenCL* 1.2 fission core features
- Media Sharing support intel 1.1 media sharing extension and also the 1.2 KHR media sharing extension
- Printf extension is aligned with OpenCL* 1.2 core feature.
See more information and download software at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/vcsource-tools-opencl-sdk-2013/