Intel has released a new version of its OpenCL SDK. The main new feature is the support of the 3rd generation of Intel Core processor family (Ivy Bridge). And with processors with Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500 (Ivy Bridge), OpenCL is available on both CPU and GPU devices! Learn how the Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2012 now supports 3rd generation Intel Core™ processors on both Intel® Processors and Intel® HD graphics 4000/2500. Join Suresh Rangarajulu, Marketing Manager for Intel® HD Graphics as he explains.
New code samples like 3D Fluid Simulation using OpenCL or OpenCL and Microsoft DirectX Video Acceleration Surface Sharing are available.
Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications comprises:
- Intel® SDK for OpenCL* – Debugger: Support OpenCL* kernel debugging on Intel CPUs.
- Intel® SDK for OpenCL* – Offline Compiler: Support OpenCL* kernel development and offline build across both CPU and Intel® HD Graphics.
This SDK also provides profiling and tuning of OpenCL* applications through Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA) and Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE.
New in this release:
- Intel® SDK for OpenCL* Applications 2012 supports Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010 in addition to Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008.
- Intel® SDK for OpenCL* – Offline Compiler plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio*. This plug-in supports:
- New project templates
- Syntax highlighting
- Auto-completion for types and functions
- Offline compilation and build of OpenCL* kernels
- LLVM code view
- Assembly code view
- program IR generation
- Selection of target OpenCL* device – CPU or GPU.
- You can choose the target device (CPU or Intel® HD Graphics) in the standalone version of the Intel® SDK for OpenCL* – Offline Compiler.
- Intel® SDK for OpenCL* – Debugger plug-in support for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010