NVIDIA announced today that its new Quadro K5000 GPU will be available on Apple Mac Pro. It offers cinema 4K display compatibility and support for up to four displays, 4GB of graphics memory and 2x faster performance than the Fermi-based Quadro 4000. Quadro K5000 is planned to be available later this year from select Apple resellers, system integrators, and distribution partners. Estimated pricing starts at $2,249.
Key features of the NVIDIA Quadro K5000 GPU for Mac include:
- Cinema 4K display support (4096×2160 resolution), which enables content creators to process and view high resolution cinema content
- A new display engine that can drive up to four displays simultaneously
- 4 GB graphics memory that provides faster interactivity when using design and content creation applications
- Based on NVIDIA Kepler architecture, which enables the Quadro K5000 GPU for Mac to run key content creation applications up to 2x faster at lower power than the Fermi-based Quadro 4000 for Mac
- Support for up to two Quadro K5000 GPUs for Mac in a single Mac Pro
- Support for OpenGL, OpenCL and CUDA