Chaos Group is gearing up for another exciting year at Siggraph where the company will unveil new products and features empowering 3D artists to achieve better results in less time. Siggraph visitors will be the first to see a demonstration of V-Ray for Nuke and V-Ray for Katana, integrating rendering capabilities seamlessly across the VFX pipeline.
Staying on top of the latest technology trends, Chaos Group will also show some exciting new improvements in GPU rendering at Siggraph. GPU rendering available with V-Ray RT GPU has transformed VFX workflows with dramatic increases in speed and flexibility. Now it includes CUDA support, support for new materials and textures, motion blur support, proxies and instancing, and animation preview.
• New by Chaos Group: V-Ray for Nuke and V-Ray for Katana
• The latest in V-Ray for 3ds Max and Maya
o V-Ray RT improvements – CUDA support, support for new materials and textures, motion blur support, proxies and instancing with RT, using V-Ray RT for animation preview
o Enhancements from latest service packs – V-Ray hair material, Ptex support in V-Ray for 3ds Max
o New features expected with future releases – deep pixel images support, metaballs, Alembic support, lens effects in the V-Ray frame buffer
• Phoenix FD for Maya: Creating realistic fire, smoke, and explosions. Simulating liquids, adding foams and splashes
• V-Ray for Softimage: key features and examples of V-Ray for Softimage used in production
V-RAY DEMO AREA @ BOOTH 634, 735
Our team will show demos of V-Ray RT running on NVIDIA GPUs during the whole exhibition. Drop by booth 634, 735 and check out some of the latest features in V-Ray RT GPU.
V-Ray RT GPU in 3ds Max and Maya:
- CUDA support
- New materials and textures supported including blend material and the car paint material
- Motion blur and depth of field support
- Proxies and instancing with RT
- Using V-Ray RT for animation previews
- Using distributed rendering with RT
Download full Chaos Group SIGGRAPH 2012 program.