After four years in Hamburg, ISC will move to the historic city of Leipzig in 2013. Leipzig has hosted trade fairs since 1165 and has long been a center for culture, learning and research.
Leipzig is an exceptional city as it is a place where tradition meets dynamism and traditional Saxon Gemütlichkeit blends with hightech business. The city has been a source of fascination for tradesmen, entrepreneurs, academics and artists alike. Bach, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Goethe, and Schiller are some of the great personalities closely linked with Leipzig. Besides the musical heritage, Leipzig also offers a multifaceted cultural life, exciting museums, a shopping paradise and a high density of pubs and history at every turn.There are numerous conference hotels, countless event locations available for tasteful evening programs, each with its own distinct style. The University of Leipzig is also one of the oldest in Europe. Goethe, Leibniz and Lessing had once been students of this alma mater.
Tutorials: June 16, 2013
Conference: June 17-20, 2013
ISC’13 Focus Topics
Next year’s conference will focus on the following topics:
- State of the Art in Petascale Applications
– Life sciences
– Global warming
– Cyber archeology
– The microscope of the future
- Two-Day Industry Track on “HPC for Small and Medium Enterprises” and other topics
- Three-Day Research Track
- Parallel Programming Models and Tools
- Analysis of Big Data: Hard Problems for HPC
- Petascale Computing in the Cloud?
- HPC Centers Subject to Change
- Challenges for HPC
– Fault tolerance and external storage devices
– New memory technologies for energy efficiency
– Exascale architectures and their energy consumption
– Future file systems
- The End of Silicon Technology & Moore’s Law?
- Panel: Long-Term Investments into Parallel Programming
- Reverse Hot Seat: Our legendary Hot Seat Session revisited