FREMONT, CA – ( August 30, 2010) – AMAX, a leader in HPC solutions, unveiled today its new VMware certified, ClusterMax Series cluster platforms at VMworld 2010, booth #1533. The event will take place from August 30th to September 2nd at The Moscone Center in San Francisco, California.
The AMAX ClusterMax Series represents a next-generation platform based on AMAX’s 31 years of design expertise combined with VMware vCenter™ Server technology. The series was designed to offer a more efficient way of managing servers that delivers productivity, drives consolidation, optimizes virtualization applications, and lowers total cost of ownership that high performance business computing demands. ClusterMax will have a comprehensive product lineup which includes high compute power, virtualization, eco-efficiency and space-saving options that allow organizations the flexibility to choose an ideal configuration to suit their specific requirements while maximizing performance and optimizing their applications.
“VMworld offers an excellent opportunity to demonstrate AMAX’s dedication in providing customers with groundbreaking products like the new ClusterMax Series,” said Jean Shih, President, AMAX. “The combination of AMAX’s HPC expertise in infrastructure design and VMware’s virtualization capabilities provides organizations with the perfect tools to take on the most complex computing challenges.”
New ClusterMax Platform Series include:
- ClusterMax Apex: This high performance supercomputer cluster is ideal for large-scale deployments that integrate the latest CPU-based computing technologies and require maximum availability and extreme scalability.
- ClusterMax SuperG: The SuperG meets critical requirements for datacenters and supercomputing centers deploying GPGPUs with uncompromised computing accuracy and reliability. It also offers an optimized deployment for cloud computing applications that require high performance GPGPU integration. It includes support for NVIDIA® Tesla™ 20-series GPU.
- ClusterMax Eco: To significantly reduce datacenter energy consumption, the ClusterMax Eco is designed for eco-efficiency, which utilizes 94%+ efficient power supplies. It delivers the highest performance per watt, per dollar and per square foot compared to competing solutions.
- ClusterMax Density: Delivers the highest HPC performance scalability, industry-leading density, lowest TCO and best performance per watt. It will be offered in two platforms: ClusterMax Density Blade and ClusterMax Density UP.
- ClusterMax Mini: ClusterMax Mini combines the immense power and performance capabilities of an HPC with the mobility and space-savings of a workstation. It supports the latest CPU and GPU-based computing platforms to capitalize on greater levels of performance, flexibility and scalability.
- ClusterMax Visual-X: This unique high computing solution supports collaborative visualization environments and high-end engineering data sets. It will deliver 5x design complexity and 8x better simulation performance than the previous generation of visualization cluster solutions. It also dramatically increases 3D design productivity by reducing project render times.
Every AMAX cluster is customizable and designed to suit your exact project requirements, from performance and budget, to delivering maximum ROI and minimum TCO. For more information on ClusterMax and other products from AMAX, visit: http://www.amax.com.